Church of the Adamino
Typical seventeenth-century construction
It is located just outside the village, between the cemetery and the church of San Rocco.
It was built in 1614 by Gianfranco Dagani with subsidies from the Municipality and dedicated to the Madonna della Neve, but it is called Church of the Adamino because it was built on the family’s property.
The bell tower, the sacristy, the vestibule and the chancel were added later, between 1670 and 1680.
The façade, elegant for the excellent proportion between church and bell tower, is a typical seventeenth-century building; the voids of the entrance door and windows are surmounted by three niches that contribute, together with the double lancet window at the top, to create a play of light and shadow.
Inside there is the vestibule with two beautiful white columns that support the chancel and give the only nave a greater sense of movement.
The steps of the altar, in crystalline white marble, are made of worked stones, probably coming from a portal.
The Soasa is simple but interesting.
The Cymatium encloses the bust of the Eternal Father in relief. It was the frame of an altarpiece that in 1972 was transported elsewhere because it was ruined; underneath was discovered the fresco depicting the Madonna and Child and St. John the Baptist. The fresco is not very interesting; it covers another one visible in some parts, enclosed within a Gothic arch.